Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sunflower kernels and seasoned salt; spread about 2 tablespoons on the inside of each pita half. Layer with the tomato, cucumber, mushrooms and avocado.
SOURCE: Taste of Home