Total Time: Prep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + standing
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 poblano pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Unroll pie crust into an ungreased 9-in. tart pan. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack until edges are golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until bottom is golden brown, 3-5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine eggplant, pepper, tomato and garlic. Add oil; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast until tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Reduce oven setting to 375°. Spoon roasted vegetables into crust. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg yolks, cream, salt and pepper until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Bake on a lower oven rack on a baking sheet until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cover edges with foil if they begin to get too dark. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
SOURCE: Taste of Home