Generals Win Battle with Trump as 82nd Airborne Soldiers are Removed From D.C. After Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff Publicly Slammed President and Told his Troops to ‘Uphold the Constitution’

Hundreds of combat soldiers with the 82nd Airborne were ordered to leave Washington, D.C., Thursday after retired generals and the nation’s top officer rebuked Donald Trump over his use of the military. Members of the elite unit had been deployed to the nation’s capital to back up National Guard soldiers ordered onto the streets by Attorney General Bill Barr in a show of force. The active duty soldiers will head back to base in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, a senior Defense official told NBC News, after Army General and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley publicly told the nation’s troops to ‘uphold the Constitution’ and said that the National Guard was under governors’ control – pointedly not the president’s.

Click here to see more.

SOURCE: Mail Online