Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn (about 7 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Crushed tortilla chips, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5-10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. If desired, top each serving with tortilla chips.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
SOURCE: Taste of Home