Total Time: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes: 8 servings
- 16 small red potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain; return to pot.
- Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk, butter, pepper and salt. Spread into a greased 3-quart baking dish; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and bacon. Dollop with sour cream; sprinkle with chives and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes.
SOURCE: Taste of Home