Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Makes: 6 servings
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Additional grated Romano cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain; return to pan.
- Add onion to drippings in skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cream. In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of warm cream into eggs; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Cook 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, stirring constantly.
- Stir cheese, salt, pepper and bacon into sauce. Add to fettuccine and toss to combine. Sprinkle with parsley and, if desired, additional cheese. Serve immediately.
SOURCE: Taste of Home