Total Time: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes: 4 servings (1-1/4 quarts)
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the tomatoes, kale and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add beans; heat through. Discard bay leaf.
SOURCE: Taste of Home