Kevin Durant Among Four Nets Tested Positive for Coronavirus

Kevin Durant was among four members of the Brooklyn Nets who tested positive for the coronavirus, the superstar told The Athletic.

The team announced Tuesday that multiple players were diagnosed with the deadly virus, without disclosing names.

“Of the four, one player is exhibiting symptoms while three are asymptomatic,” the team added in a statement. “All four players are presently isolated and under the care of team physicians.”

After the statement was issued, Durant told The Athletic he tested positive for the virus. He told the outlet he was feeling fine.

“Everyone be careful, take care of yourself and quarantine. We’re going to get through this,” Durant said.

The 31-year-old Durant has not played this season due to a ruptured Achilles tendon suffered during last year’s NBA finals, and isn’t expected to return when the league eventually returns from its coronavirus suspension.

There now are seven known cases of coronavirus in the NBA.

The Jazz’s Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell, along with the Pistons’ Christian Wood, have also tested positive for coronavirus.

The Nets played neither Utah nor Detroit in February or March before the NBA suspended play last Wednesday, upon learning of Gobert’s positive test.

Durant hadn’t traveled with the Nets for most of the season while rehabbing from Achilles surgery, but he sat on the Brooklyn bench last Tuesday when they played the Lakers at Staples Center, the Nets’ final game before the shutdown.

Click here to read more.
Source: New York Post