Total Time: Prep: 40 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 3/4 pound sourdough bread, cubed (about 8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 pounds tomatoes (about 8 medium), chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 cup thinly sliced roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, quartered
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, toss bread with oil and transfer to a baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, artichokes, peppers, basil, onion, olives, capers and bread.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
SOURCE: Taste of Home