Total Time: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.
Makes: 8 servings (1-1/2 quarts)
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carton (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces. Peel and chop stalks.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir in soy sauce; remove from pan.
- In same pan, combine broccoli stalks, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are softened, 25-30 minutes.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool slightly and puree soup in a blender; return to pan. Stir in florets and mushrooms; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until broccoli is tender, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice.
SOURCE: Taste of Home