Total Time: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, bring water and orange juice to a boil. Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, red pepper, quinoa, onion, raisins and curry. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cilantro.
SOURCE: Taste of Home