Malaysia Special Task Force Says It Needs More Time to Prepare Report on Pastor Raymond Koh’s Abduction by Police

Raymond Koh (center) with his family | The Voice of the Martyrs

A special task force in Malaysia that was set up to act upon findings that Pastor Raymond Koh, who had been accused of proselytizing to Muslims, was abducted by police has asked for more time to prepare its report, the Southeast Asian country’s Ministry of Home Affairs said.

The task force headed by retired high court judge Abd Rahim Uda requires more time, Home Minister Muhyiddin Yassin said last week, according to International Christian Concern. “I hope the report can be ready in a month and submitted to the ministry,” Yassin was quoted as telling reporters.

The task force was formed last June after Malaysia’s Human Rights Commission, locally known as Suhakam, found that a Special Branch of the police was likely behind the disappearances of Koh and Amri Che, a Muslim social activist.

Koh was abducted near his home in Petaling Jaya, West Malaysia, on Feb. 13, 2017. Koh’s car was surrounded by three black SUVs while he was driving in Petaling Jaya, and forced to a sudden stop. Since that day, Koh has not been seen or heard from and his car was never found.

His abduction was called a “well-organized, military-style operation.” Based on CCTV footage, the abduction was swiftly executed in just two minutes — in broad daylight and with someone even recording the entire process on video while another person is seen casually redirecting traffic.

At a public forum on “Waiting for Justice in 2020,” held earlier this month in Kuala Lumpur, Koh’s wife, Susanna, said her family members were “frozen in grief.” “Because we did not have a funeral, everyday is a funeral,” she said, according to Free Malaysia Today.

After the abduction, police initially began investigating if the pastor preached Christianity to Muslims, rather than focusing on catching his captors.

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: Christian Post, Anugrah Kumar