Total Time: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 1-1/4 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- Optional toppings: chopped fresh parsley and cracked pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter. Stir in the flour, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended; gradually add water and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in potatoes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add asparagus; cook 8-12 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the cream, crab and parsley; heat through. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and pepper.
SOURCE: Taste of Home