Total Time: Prep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
Makes: 10 servings
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Stir in milk and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove potatoes from refrigerator and let stand while oven heats. Bake, covered, about 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
SOURCE: Taste of Home