Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high, turning once, until very tender, 7-9 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp. Spread onto one half of each tortilla; top with beans and cheese. Fold other half of tortilla over filling.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. Cook quesadillas until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve with salsa.
SOURCE: Taste of Home