- 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 4 thighs)
- 1 medium white or sweet onion, diced
- 4 bulbs of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 carton of button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 – 4 Tbsp Earth Balance margarine
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 1/4 cup of veggie or chicken broth
- 1 giant spoon full of vegan sour cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill
- 1 Tsp of kosher salt
- 1 Tsp of ground pepper
- Using a Dutch oven or heavy pan with a lid, place 3 Tbsp of the margarine in Dutch oven and place on stove top on medium heat. Once melted, place the chicken thighs topside down and let them brown on each side for roughly 3 minutes, sprinkling salt and pepper on each side. You’re not wanting the chicken to cook all the way at this point, just brown. Once brown, take out of Dutch oven and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Next, making sure the heat is still on medium, place another Tbsp of margarine in the Dutch oven.
- Place onions in the pan and stir for roughly one minute or until they are translucent.
- Next, add the mushrooms and garlic and saute for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the white cooking wine and stir, making sure to get all that good crispy brown stuff that has cooked onto the bottom of the pan mixed into the wine. Turn the heat down to low and let simmer for a few seconds.
- Put the chicken back into the Dutch oven (topside down) with the onions, garlic, mushroom and wine mixture. Pour the broth into the pan, make sure the heat is on low, stir the pan a little bit and cover, letting the mixture cook for roughly 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove from heat and stir. There should be about an inch of liquid left over in the pan.
- Stir in the vegan sour cream into the Dutch oven with the chicken. Once all combined, taste, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Mix in the fresh herbs to the mixture. Serve over rice or Israeli couscous.
SOURCE: Jew Hungry