Florida Mother Goes on Trial for Murder After Shooting Dead 18-Year-Old Family Friend Who Allegedly Molested Her 6-Year-Old Daughter

Connie Serbu (pictured),43, is accused of killing a teenager who allegedly molested her young daughter

A Florida mother accused of killing an 18-year-old boy who allegedly molested her daughter when she was six, has gone on trial for murder.

Connie Serbu, 43, of Naples entered the Collier County Courthouse Thursday to face one count of second-degree murder for Xavier Sierra’s death on July 7, 2016.

The trial began with a jury selection and is scheduled to extend through next Friday.

Serbu reportedly shot Sierra to avenge her daughter, according to court records.

The Naples Daily News reports that the entire murder plot began to unfold on May 30, 2016, when Serbu’s daughter revealed that Sierra, a family friend, had molested her five years prior.

Her daughter’s allegations reportedly enraged Serbu and sparked her intention to kill Sierra.

During the next month, Serbu allegedly began to plan her retaliation against Sierra and set them into motion on June 1, 2016.

Serbu reached out to Sierra and asked the recent high school graduate to help her assemble a bunk bed for ‘easy money.’

Serbu planned to kill Xavier Sierra (pictured) after her daughter alleged he had molested her several years earlier when she was 6-years-old

Seven days later John Vargas, Serbu’s developmentally disabled brother, arrived in Naples to visit his sister from New York.

Court records describe Vargas as someone ‘easily persuaded.’

The two siblings went to a local Family Dollar store where, in separate cash transactions, they purchased a flip-phone and a Verizon rechargeable card for the phone.

The flip-phone was reportedly used to communicate exclusively with Sierra through through text and Facebook messenger.

It was through these electronic interactions that Serbu confirmed Sierra would be able to help build the bunk bed on July 7.

On that day, Sierra had conducted a job interview at a spray-and-neuter clinic and reportedly waited for Serbu to pick him up from a nearby Winn-Dixie.

Serbu and Vargas left their residence wearing dark, tight clothes, head covers and the soles of their shoes covered in duct tape.

They also brought two handguns, two stun guns, an ice pick and a potato that was used to silence one of the handguns.

Sometime before Serbu allegedly committed the murder, she told her husband to prepare to take care of their two children alone because, ‘she was going to do something.’

They picked Sierra up around 3pm and during the car ride Serbu confronted him about the molestation claims.

The siblings drove Sierra to a remote, undeveloped area at 700 block of Goodlette Road North.

Sierra was able to exit the van and began sprinting away into the nearby woods with Serbu and Vargas chasing him.

At one point during the altercation, Sierra began to struggle with Vargas and began to wrestle him for one of the handguns.

Sierra suffered bullet wounds from both handguns and Vargas was fatally shot in his abdomen.

Later that day, officers responded to a report that gunshots had been fired at the undeveloped location where Serbu attacked Sierra.

There, they found a blue, four-door Hyundai parked near the scene and Serbu inside.

After searching the area, the found the bodies of Sierra and Vargas near the Gordon River.

Serbu confessed her involvement, saying: ‘It’s all my fault.’

‘So I don’t care, he raped my daughter…she told me everything that happened.’

SOURCE: Daily Mail, Lauren Edmonds