Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat broiler. In a large broil-safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; saute onion until tender. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cheese and bread crumbs.
- Cut steak into 4 pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat; cook steaks until desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 4-5 minutes per side.
- Spread onion mixture over steaks. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
SOURCE: Taste of Home