Total Time: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min.
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1-1/2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a Dutch oven or large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute beef and onion just until beef is lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, wine, 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons parsley and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until beef is tender, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Discard bay leaf and clove. If desired, stir in browning sauce. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
SOURCE: Taste of Home