A Washington-based veterinary hospital is warning dog owners of the dangers of summertime walks.
In a post shared on Facebook, the hospital shows a dog named Olaf whose paw pads were burned after a mile-long walk on hot pavement. The hospital said Olaf didn’t whine or limp and the dog’s owner didn’t realize Olaf had suffered the burns during their walk on a local hiking trail.
“He is one tough cookie (and exceptionally sweet cookie),” Medical Lake Veterinary Hospital wrote in the post before adding, “A good rule of thumb is if the pavement is too hot for your hand it’s too hot for your dogs’ pads.”
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: USA Today, Jordan Culver