This is the “chief of sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, with the Gospel Light Minute X Podcast #327, titled, “The Shocking Truth” I’m here to remind you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me.
The shocking truth is that you will not be saved if you do not understand a few important truths about your situation and God’s salvation. That’s right! You will not get saved unless you realize the following facts:
1. You are separated from God. The Bible says in Isaiah 59:2, “But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.” Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
2. You are condemned by God at this moment. The Bible states in John 3:18, “…he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” Romans 3:19 says, “Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.”
3. Your punishment is certain. Hebrews 9:27 says, “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:” Psalm 9:17 says, “The wicked shall be turned into hell…” Numbers 32:23 says, “…be sure your sin will find you out.” Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death…”
1. Jesus Christ died for you.The Bible states in Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
2. Jesus Christ is the only way. Jesus Christ said in John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” Acts 4:12 states, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
3. Jesus Christ saves without your help. Ephesians 2:8-9 says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
Now that you have the truth, the decision is yours! Will you repent? 2 Peter 3:9 says, “The Lord is not …willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” Acts 3:19a says, “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out…” Repentance is when a person admits his guilt to God, and sincerely desires to turn from his sin.
Will you trust Jesus Christ to save you? Romans 10:13 states, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Jesus Christ did everything that was needed to pay for your sins and take you to Heaven. That is the reason Jesus Christ came to earth, and that is why He is called the Saviour. You cannot help save yourself by baptism, church attendance, prayers, sacraments, giving money, or trying to lead a good life. In order to be saved, you must completely trust Jesus Christ and His power to save you.
Can you afford to wait? The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 6:2b, “…behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” Proverbs 27:1 says, “Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.” Dear Soul, the most important decision that you will make in this life will be to trust or to reject Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. Don’t take a chance! Call on God now! You might not be alive tomorrow!
In your own words, pray and tell God you are a guilty sinner, you know believe that Jesus Christ is the Saviour, and you want to completely trust him with your soul’s eternity.
Thank you for listening to this Gospel presentation. If you have decided to trust Jesus Christ as your Saviour after listening to this podcast, please email us at [email protected] and let us know. To find out more about what you need to do after trusting Christ as Savior, visit GospelLightSociety.com and read “What to Do After You Enter Through the Door”.
The tract this podcast is based on is published by Fellowship Tract League, a non-profit organization whose purpose is to spread God’s Word to the world through the printed page and other media. You can order copies of this tract online at Fellowshiptractleague.org.