This is the “chief of sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, with the Gospel Light Minute X Podcast #325, titled, “Are You Believing The Right Thing?” I’m here to remind you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me.
According to some estimates, there are more than 4,000 religions and belief systems in the world today. Are they all equally valid, or is one superior to all the rest? Many religions are contradictory to one another, and therefore point their followers in opposite directions. Because of these differences, it is impossible for every system of belief to be true.
Jesus said in John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me”. The Bible teaches that all other systems of belief are dangerously wrong. The Bible says in Matthew 7:13 “…broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:”
WHAT DOES GOD WANT US TO BELIEVE?
1. Believe that the Bible is the Word of God. The Bible says in 2 Timothy 3:16, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:”
2. Believe that we are sinners by nature and by practice. Romans 3:10 says “There is none righteous, no, not one:” Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
3. Believe that our sin separates us from God. Isaiah 59:2 says, “…your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you…”
4. Believe that God loves us even though we have rejected Him. Romans 5:8 says, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
5. Believe that God gave His Son for us. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. Believe that Christ died for our sins. 1 Corinthians 15:3 says, “Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;”
7. Believe that Christ paid for our sins on the cross. 1 Peter 2:24 says, “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”
8. Believe that Christ rose from the dead. 1 Corinthians 15:4 says, “…He was buried, and…He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures:”
9. Believe that the Blood of Jesus Christ cleanses from all sin. 1 John 1:7 says, “…the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” Hebrews 9:22 says, “…Without shedding of blood is no remission [forgiveness]”
10. Believe that we must turn to God and receive new life from Him. John 3:3, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
11. Believe that faith in Christ gives eternal life. John 5:24 says, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
12. Believe that all who reject Christ and His atoning sacrifice on the cross, will receive everlasting punishment. Revelation 21:8 says, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
DO YOU BELIEVE WHAT GOD HAS SAID?
If you agree with these truths from God’s Word—that’s great! However, we need more than just knowledge in our heads; following God and receiving His forgiveness requires faith in one’s heart: Romans 10:10 says, “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;”
It is our earnest prayer that you will go to the Bible to see for yourself if these things are true, and then believe them with all your heart. Only in this way will you escape the delusion of human belief systems—and be spared from God’s coming judgment. Proverbs 16:25 says, “There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.”
When you turn to God in repentance and put your trust in Jesus Christ to cleanse you of your sin, you will be saved forever. Jesus Christ said in John 10:28, “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
Jesus Christ also said in John 11:26, “And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”
If you are willing to trust Jesus Christ with all of your heart so you can go to Heaven, please pray with me what is called the sinner’s prayer:
Thank you for listening to this Gospel presentation. If you have decided to trust Jesus Christ as your Saviour after listening to this podcast, please email us at [email protected] and let us know. To find out more about what you need to do after trusting Christ as Savior, visit GospelLightSociety.com and read “What to Do After You Enter Through the Door”.
The tract this podcast is based on is published by Moments With The Book, a non-profit organization whose purpose is to spread God’s Word to the world through the printed page and other media. You can order copies of this tract online at MWTB.org.