“For a person to do something like that, they don’t care about God,” Zachary Modest, a longtime church member said.
Modest recounts the moment he walked into the church and noticed the damage.
“I seen these two windows knocked out and I said that’s odd so I backed up and called the pastor,” Modest said. “When we got in the church to check it out, we found a 5-gallon bucket down here on the floor and two rolls of toilet tissue, where someone had tried to start a fire.”
This isn’t the first time the New Shiloh congregation has had to deal with the setback of a fire. In 2010, an electrical fire, according to Pastor Barry Thomas caused widespread damage to their sanctuary when the church was located on 5th Avenue.
Although this latest fire was sparked by cruel intentions, Thomas and his members are just thankful the damage never made it past the church floor.
“We have three burnt spots, and like I said, they really never got it, whoever did it never got it ignited,” Modest said.
Click here to read more.
Source: Fox 8 Live