Even meat-lovers will be reaching for spoonfuls of this deliciously creamy pasta. The toasted lemony chile bits also taste great sprinkled on salads, eggs, and roasted vegetables.
YIELDS: 4 servings
TOTAL TIME: 0 hours 30 mins
1 lb. Broccolini or broccoli, cut into 2-in. pieces
2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 Fresno or other red chile, seeded and finely chopped
Kosher salt and pepper
12 oz. fettuccine, tagliatelle, or other wide noodles
1 c. panko
1 tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 c. sour cream
- Heat oven to 425°F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss Broccolini with 2 Tbsp oil, garlic, half of chile, and ½ tsp salt. Arrange in a single layer and roast 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta per package directions. Reserve ¾ cup cooking water, drain pasta, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss panko with remaining tsp oil, then zest and remaining chile.
- Push Broccolini over to one side slightly and spread panko in the open space. Roast until Broccolini is tender and crisp at the edges and panko is golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Toss pasta with lemon juice and then sour cream and ¼ cup reserved pasta water, adding additional pasta water if pasta seems dry. Toss with Broccolini and top with chile breadcrumbs.
SOURCE: Women’s Day