Why You Should NEVER Sleep with Your Contact Lenses In: Eye Doctor Shares Horrifying Photos Showing a Patient’s Cornea Eaten Away by Bacteria After She Went to Sleep Wearing Her Lenses

An ophthalmologist has shared shocking photos to caution his clients about the dangers of leaving their contact lenses in while they sleep. Dr. Patrick Vollmer (top right, from Vita Eye Clinic in Shelby, North Carolina, took to Facebook this week to post stomach-churning images of a woman who had her cornea eaten away by bacteria after she frequently left her lenses in overnight. In a post which has now been viewed by more than 30 million people, the woman’s eyes are seen glazed over as they ooze with thick, yellow puss.

Click here for more.

SOURCE: Daily Mail