A simple pan sauce and fresh vegetables dress up family-favorite cheese tortellini for a meal that’s ready in 25 minutes.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Yield: 5 cups
- Hands On 25 mins
- Total Time 25 mins
- 9 ounces refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup oil-packed dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach or baby spinach
- Ground nutmeg (optional)
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine, tomatoes, basil, salt, cayenne and reserved pasta water. Simmer 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in tortellini and spinach until spinach is just wilted. Serve immediately. If desired, lightly sprinkle with nutmeg before serving.
SOURCE: Midwest Living