2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for the grill
2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (5 to 6 potatoes)
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
1 cup diced celery (from 2 to 3 stalks)
1/2 small red onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 teaspoons chopped capers
Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat a grill to medium. Oil the grill grates well.
- Slice the potatoes lengthwise about 3/4 inch thick. Place the potatoes in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons canola oil, the paprika and 2 teaspoons each salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes on the grill, cover and cook 5 minutes, then rotate them 90 degrees F and cook 5 to 10 more minutes. Flip the potatoes and repeat on the other side. They should be slightly puffed and golden brown. Remove and allow to cool completely. Dice into 3/4-to-1-inch pieces.
- In a large glass bowl, combine the diced potatoes, celery, red onion and cilantro. In a medium glass bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons pepper, the capers and lemon juice. Adjust the salt as needed.
- Fold the mayonnaise mixture into the potato mixture until coated. Cover and refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes. Stir and adjust the seasoning as needed.
SOURCE: Food Network