Total Time: Prep: 30 min. + freezing Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makes: 3 dozen
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 quarts blue moon ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 36 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fill prepared cups about one-third full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 11-14 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Working quickly, spread ice cream onto cupcakes. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Place marshmallow creme in a large bowl. Add whipping cream; beat until blended and stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread over cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles. Serve immediately or freeze until firm.
SOURCE: Taste of Home