- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 cups meatless pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced and halved
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook shells according to package directions for al dente; drain. Toss with oil; spread in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- For filling, toss chicken with Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken just until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; stir in butter until melted. Stir in bread crumbs; cook until crumbs are slightly toasted, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix cheeses, milk, parsley and the remaining salt and pepper. Fold in chicken.
- Spread 2 cups pasta sauce into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Fill each shell with 2-1/2 tablespoons ricotta mixture; place over sauce. Top with remaining sauce and cheeses (dish will be full).
- Cover with greased foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, 10-15 minutes.
SOURCE: Taste of Home