Total: 1 hr 30 min (includes cooling time)
Active: 20 min
Yield: 8 servings
2 1/4 sticks (18 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pan
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan
1/4 cup poppy seeds
3 tablespoons lemon zest plus 1/3 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons limoncello
4 large eggs, at room temperature, whisked
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons strawberry jelly or preserves
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
Zest of 1 lemon plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Yellow and pink sprinkles, for garnish
- For the lemon poppy seed bundt cake: Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a bundt pan.
- Whisk together the poppy seeds, lemon zest and juice, limoncello and eggs in a bowl until combined.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, add the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda and mix to combine. With the mixer on low, slowly add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing until a pea-sized crumble texture is achieved. Turn the speed to medium and slowly stream in the egg mixture and beat until combined. Increase the speed to medium high and beat for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Pour into the prepared bundt pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes, then turn out onto a cake pedestal.
- For the strawberry-vanilla glaze: Whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, strawberry jelly, vanilla and lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl until smooth. Pour over the cooled cake and top with sprinkles.
SOURCE: Food Network, Jeff Mauro