Jezebel and controlling spirits do not only operate through women, but do primarily activate through women. It begins with our mothers and then goes down the generational line. You may not see a woman as having control, but being a deliverance minister and leading many people through individual ministry sessions, I’ve never found a woman who didn’t have control in her. Control can be difficult to identify since it can manifest out of people differently.
Not everything is a demonic spirit. People can like to be in control if they feel as if they have lost control, have been controlled, or have an organized, type-A personality.
Think back to your childhood. Is there something that your mom or dad spoke that still effects how you think today? The words they spoke draw you into thinking about something they said that controls you and effects your actions today. A thought comes forth such as, “Don’t do this; Mom wouldn’t like it” or “I better do it that way because that is what mom would want.”
Comments such as:
- Don’t go out of the home without looking nice (having makeup and hair done for ladies).
- The house must be clean. Scrub those counters clean again, so all the germs are gone.
- Don’t drive in the snow; the roads are slippery; you might get in an accident.
What thoughts do you continuously hear today in your mind from your past?
Let’s break the three examples down to how they can be controlling you today.
- Some women literally can’t go to the store without makeup. They always have to look their best, not because they want to, but because they are in bondage to it. When they try to leave the house to go to the gas station, they hear in their mind the thought from their childhood that they shouldn’t leave their home without looking nice. I had one lady stop coming to my weekly ministry meetings because the glory was so strong she would cry the entire time. She told me she couldn’t come anymore because her makeup would always get ruined.
- We should take care of our homes. However, when your day becomes filled with, I can’t keep my house clean enough, or you always have to be meticulous because you hear in your mind, “Oh my mom wouldn’t like that; I need to do it better or her way,” that is a bondage of control.
- There are times our loved ones are concerned with weather and road conditions and can speak the truth in love, but we need to make sure they are speaking the truth in love and not fear. I was raised in fear of driving on slippery roads. Even as an adult, until the Lord set me free from the spirit of fear and the spirit of control operating over me, I would allow those thoughts from my childhood to plague me and prevent me from going out if I had a choice. I had to be very conscious when my children started to drive to make sure I was speaking blessings and not curses as they went out in adverse weather conditions. One day I was praying and worshiping when it started to snow. The Lord was bringing me through personal deliverance, and He spoke to me and told me specifically what store to go to and to purchase a sign that says freedom. He was instructing me to take a prophetic act and do something in the natural to unleash my freedom. It worked, and I’ve now driven in blizzards as I’ve traveled preaching the gospel.
Do you need to take a prophetic act and go somewhere without looking nice and made up, leave your house one day without the perfection you’ve been accustomed to, or drive somewhere to break your fear of city traffic, country roads or snowy conditions? What fear and control do you need to conquer? What we do in the natural can break a spiritual hold upon us.
The thoughts that plague our minds as adults have an effect in the spiritual realm and can control who we are today. How do we overcome these whether they are an unhealthy behavior pattern or a demonic spirit of mind-control plaguing us? Here are some simple steps to remove the spirit of control operating over your life:
Click here to continue reading.
SOURCE: Charisma News – Kathy DeGraw is a prophetic spiritual warfare strategist releasing the love and power of God, to ignite and activate people, release prophetic destinies and deliver people from the bondage of the enemy. She is the founder of Kathy DeGraw Ministries and Be Love Outreach. She is the author of several books, including Speak Out, Discerning and Destroying the Works of Satan, Identity Invasion, Who is Speaking? and Warfare Declarations. You can connect with Kathy on Facebook, facebook.com/kathydegraw or visit degrawministries.org.