for 4 servings
3 tablespoons lemon pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 lb chicken thighs with skin
4 tablespoons butter
1 yellow onion, diced
1 ½ cups arborio rice
¼ cup white wine
4 cups chicken broth
1 ½ cups milk
pepper, to taste
1 cup parmesan cheese
¼ cup fresh parsley, optional
- Combine lemon pepper, paprika, and 2 cloves of minced garlic in a small bowl.
- In a large oven-proof pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Season both sides of the chicken and place in the pot skin side down. Cook for three minutes, turn the heat up to medium high and cook for an additional two minutes (or until browned). Turn the chicken over and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove chicken from the pot and set aside. (Don’t worry! It will finish cooking when you put it in the oven.)
- With a paper towel, carefully wipe out excess fat, leaving the seasoning.
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F (175˚C).
- On medium high, melt two Tbsp. of butter in the pot and add the diced onions and the rest of the minced garlic. Cook until onions are translucent (1-2 minutes).
- Add the rice and stir until it becomes translucent (1-2 minutes).
- Pour in the white wine and let it cook until most of the wine has evaporated (about two minutes).
- Add the chicken broth, one cup of milk, and a dash of pepper and stir. Bring it to a simmer.
- Place the chicken back into the pot. Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 30 minutes (remove lid after 20 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the pot and broil on high for 2-3 minutes or until the skin has nicely browned.
- Add the other two Tbsp. butter, parmesan, ½ cup (118 ml) of milk and parsley to the rice. Stir until well combined. Return the chicken on top of the rice.