- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (32 ounces)
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pound refrigerated potato gnocchi (not frozen)
- 1 (5-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, chicken, and thyme, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the gnocchi, spinach, and half-and-half, and cook until the gnocchi is cooked through and the spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Kitchn, by Kelli Foster