The views in this article do not necessarily represent the positions or opinions of the Salvation Army, its partners or affiliates. The statements made belong solely to those making them.
The Salvation Army is a great organization to support during the Christmas! Full disclosure, I work for the Salvation Army and have for the past four years. But I’m very careful about where I donate my money. It’s always wise to consider carefully which organizations you give your money to. Here are ten reasons why I think you should support the Salvation Army this Christmas season!
1. The Salvation Army has a proven track record going back over one hundred and fifty years. In fact the famed economist Peter Drucker said, “The Salvation Army is the most effective organization in the USA.” And he also said, “The Salvation Army’s goal is to turn society’s rejects alcoholics, criminals, derelicts into citizens.” In fact the co-founder of McDonald’s Joan Kroc so trusted the efforts and effective results of the Salvation Army that she donated 1.9 billion dollars to the Salvation Army to build community facilities today known as “Kroc Centers” across the USA.
2. 82 cents of every dollar donated goes directly to help those in need through feeding programs, housing, rent assistance, clothing, homeless shelters, and rehabilitation programs among dozens of other programs.
3. The Salvation Army is a biblical Christian organization with a mission statement indicating, “the mission of the Salvation Army is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in his name without discrimination.” The SA is not just focused on material needs, but spiritual needs as well!
4. Disaster services is a key service of the Salvation Army, where volunteers and officers will serve those directly affected by disasters, severe weather, and other concerns through giving out food, providing housing, and spiritual counseling. If it’s on your heart to support those affected by disasters, please give this season!
5. The Salvation Army assists over 25 million people each year in the United States. There are thousands of corps facilities around the USA serving those in need and preaching the gospel.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Christian Post, Justin Steckbauer