A fisherman who suffered a fatal sea snake bite told crew mates he felt fine hours before his death.
Harry Evans, a 23-year-old British man, was pulling up a net on a fishing trawler hours away from Australia’s northern coast when a sea snake bit him on his thumb.
Moments after the bite, he said he felt normal, took a shower and put antiseptic on the bite, his mother Sharon Evans told The Sun.
“Then his eyes rolled and he drifted in and out of consciousness for a while and fell asleep,” she told the newspaper.
She learned Thursday he had died from the bite working his dream job.
It was a “tragically unlucky accident,” venom expert and professor at University of Queensland told the BBC.
Click here to read more.
Source: USA Today