Patricia Heaton Says She Won’t be Donating to Catholic Church Until Everyone Who Has Engaged In or Covered Up Sexual Abuse is Gone

Pro-life Christian actress Patricia Heaton has said she won’t be giving any donations to the Catholic Church until the institution removes from its ranks those who have engaged in sexual abuse or covered it up.

Earlier this week, a Pennsylvania grand jury released a 1,300-page report describing in detail how 301 priests abused more than 1,000 children over the past several decades and how church hierarchy shielded the perpetrators from accountability.

In a post on Twitter Thursday, the star of long-running TV shows like “Everybody Loves Raymond” and “The Middle” expressed her disgust at the grand jury’s revelations.

“Bottom line — the Catholic Church will have zero moral authority until everyone who abused or abetted is gone. No excuses. Until then, no more money to this corrupt syndicate,” tweeted Heaton.

In a follow-up tweet, Heaton drew a contrast between the process she went through to get an annulment for her first marriage and the recent sex abuse scandal.

“I ran the gauntlet to get my previous marriage annulled — interview, tracking down ex, re-consecrating my marriage — to be able to receive Eucharist,” explained Heaton.

“Meanwhile these guys are buggering little boys, covering up, hiding money, running out statutes of limitations. Done, done, done.”

Click here to read more.

SOURCE: Christian Post, Michael Gryboski