Even churches have pessimists, I’m afraid. I invite you to join me in using this test to determine if you might be one of them:
- You assume the worst about most people and situations. Even if everything sounds good, you assume there’s some ulterior unspoken motive.
- You see only the negative. You may think you’re the only one in the room who sees reality (at least as you see it), but you never see any positive.
- Everything is negative unless it’s your idea. If it’s your idea, though, it’s all positive.
- Every sentence has a “but”… Even a sentence that begins with “I really like that idea” still continues with a “but here’s the problem I see.”
- You see yourself as a realist, not a pessimist. I don’t know anyone who considers himself or herself a pessimist.
- Optimists bug you. In your opinion, they live in the clouds.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Church Leaders, Chuck Lawless