On his way out of the country to the G7 meeting in Canada, President Donald Trump held a long, impromptu, informative press conference, revealing the following:
– He’s thinking about pardoning Muhammad Ali along with “thousands of names.”
– He thinks Russia ought to be invited back to the G7. “Why are we having a meeting without Russia in the meeting? They should let Russia come back in because we should have Russia at the negotiating table.”
– He thinks Dennis Rodman should stay away from the U.S.-North Korea summit in Singapore on June 12.
– He extended “condolences” to the family of Anthony Bourdain, who was found dead by suicide this morning in France.
– He’s ready to do battle against “unfair” trade policies at his meeting with Western world leaders in Quebec.
– He still thinks he can pardon himself.
– He thinks he did the country “a great favor” by firing James Comey.
– He expressed support for Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s bill which would give states the ability to end the prohibition on cannabis (marijuana/pot).
“Okay, I’ll see you in Canada,” Trump concluded.
Live reaction to the press conference on Twitter (where Trump usually fires his missives) had it being described as: “epic,” “amazing,” “uncomfortably funny,” “dizzying,” a “parody of self,” and “best press conference ever.”