Anthony Bourdain, a celebrated chef, author, and CNN TV personality, was found dead in his hotel room on Friday morning. He was in France filming for an upcoming episode. He was 61.
CNN confirmed his death in a statement: “It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain. His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller. His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly difficult time.”
Bourdain’s friend and fellow chef, Eric Ripert, found him unresponsive. The manner of death has not been revealed.
Anyone who followed Bourdain’s career or watched his shows on TV, whether they agreed with his philosophy on life or not, would at least say that it appeared he enjoyed the life he was leading. Bourdain once said, “The body is not a temple; it’s an amusement park.” But he was wrong. The Bible states in First Corinthians 6:19-20, “Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” We treat our bodies like temples by avoiding sin and by not subjecting our bodies to abused substances.”
In light of the recent suicide of handbag designer Kate Spade and the news that suicides have gone up by 25% in the U.S. since 1999, you never know if the person sitting beside you, a neighbor, someone you work with, or someone in your family might be contemplating suicide. If you suspect that this is the case, reach out to them before it is too late.
In light of these deaths, it is wise to be prepared for your own. Consider: if you were to die today, where would you go, Heaven or Hell? If you are not absolutely sure that you will go to Heaven when you die, please read the following which will show you how to be saved from Hell straight from the Bible:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7: 20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (Jesus Christ, John 3:16).
With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to trust Christ as your Saviour, please pray the following prayer:
Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the Cross, was buried, and rose again, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior today, please email [email protected] There is some free material that they will send you. If you have a prayer request, please e-mail that as well, and the team at Gospel Light Society Intl. will pray for you until you tell them to stop.