Laura Ingraham Loses News Show Advertisers After Attacking Parkland Activist

At least half a dozen advertisers on Laura Ingraham’s prime-time Fox News show pulled their support on Thursday in response to her comments mocking Parkland, Fla., shooting survivor David Hogg over his rejection from colleges.

The top cable news host later apologized “in the spirit of Holy Week” for her remarks, but not before Hogg, a high school senior-turned-gun control activist, tweeted out a list shaming sponsors of “The Ingraham Angle.”

So far, six companies have announced they will no longer support the program: Nestle, Wayfair, TripAdvisor, Expedia, Joseph A. Banks and Nutrish, a pet food brand.

“As a company, we support open dialogue and debate on issues,” Wayfair told the Daily Beast. “However, the decision of an adult to personally criticize a high school student who has lost his classmates in an unspeakable tragedy is not consistent with our values. We do not plan to continue advertising on this particular program.”

A Nestle spokesperson told the website, “We have no plans to buy ads on the show in the future.”

Nutrish, which is owned by celebrity chef Rachael Ray, was the first to abandon “The Ingraham Angle.”

“We are in the process of removing our ads from Laura Ingraham’s program, as the comments she has made are not consistent with how we feel people should be treated,” a spokesman for Nutrish told HuffPost.

Hogg survived the Feb. 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, in which 17 students and faculty were killed.

He rejected Ingraham’s apology in a tweet of his own on Thursday:

Click here for more.

SOURCE: The Hill – Josh Delk