Want a sandwich that doesn’t hold meat? Try these delicious mushroom burgers.
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp and lightly browned. Serve on buns with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
SOURCE: Taste of Home