A creamy, delicious soup the French would be proud of.
SERVES: 4-6 SERVINGS
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 8-oz. packages cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 c. sliced shitaake mushrooms
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 c. vegetable stock
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot, melt butter. Add mushrooms and saute until golden, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove 1 cup of the mushrooms, reserving them to the side.
- Add shallot and garlic to the pot and saute until fragrant, 1 minute. Add thyme and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Cook until mushrooms are tender, about 8-10 minutes. Using an immersion blender, or working in batches in a regular blender, puree soup until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and stir in cream and reserved mushrooms. Serve.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Delish, by LENA ABRAHAM