1. CP – Three months after resigning as senior pastor of The Potter’s House Church of Denver over an alleged affair with a married parishioner, Pastor Chris Hill says he is ready to come back following counseling and a public show of repentance Sunday. His mentor, Bishop T. D. Jakes of Potter’s House of Dallas, laid hands on him and declared restoration. “God said that if we confess our sins, that He is faithful and just to cleanse us from … all unrighteousness. I just believe that this is what the grace of God is for,” Jakes said as he laid his hand on Hill’s head in a video clip from T.D. Jakes Ministries Sunday.
2. AP – French officials say police have arrested a man on a highway north of Paris in the search for a driver who rammed his car into soldiers. Two officials said it is too early to say for certain that the man was the driver who rammed a car into soldiers in the Paris suburb of Levallois on Wednesday. Six soldiers were injured in the attack.
3. One News Now – A new study reveals that about one in 10 churches have had money stolen. In a survey of 1,000 Protestant senior pastors by Lifeway Research, nine percent said that their church has had funds embezzled. Ninety-one percent say they are unaware of any embezzlement. Scott McConnell, executive director of the Nashville-based group, says although the percentage is low, embezzlement of a church should never happen.
4. Fox – A Florida woman drove for two days with her dead 11-year-old daughter in her truck before hitting a guard rail in West Virginia, where witnesses then saw her dragging the body into the woods, officials said. Authorities say Erica Newsome, has been jailed on charges of concealing the body of her daughter, Kaye-lea Plummer. A criminal complaint filed in Pocahontas County obtained by FOX 11 said Newsome spoke with an officer at the scene and said she was abusive to her daughter and killed her.
5. AP – A Florida day care van driver will face criminal charges after a child was found dead inside the vehicle at the end of a sweltering summer day, law enforcement officials said Tuesday. Orlando Police Chief John Mina said 3-year-old Myles Hill spent all day in the van outside the Little Miracles Academy before he was discovered Monday night. Mina wouldn’t say what charges the day care worker could face but says the worker has been cooperative. Detectives were awaiting autopsy results, but believe they will show the death was caused by the heat. Temperatures reached a high of 94-degrees Fahrenheit in Orlando on Monday. Temperatures inside a vehicle under the summer sun can rise much higher.
6. Rolling Out – On August 5, 2017, Monteria Robinson marked the one year anniversary of her son’s death at the hands of US Marshals. Jamarion Robinson was shot 76 times in what some have called an obscene display of excessive force by the three officers involved. The case is under investigation by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) and the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office. One year later, the officers involved in the shooting have not complied with a request for statements by the district attorney’s office.
7. AP – A Mormon church leader was removed from his post and kicked out of the religion Tuesday for the first time in nearly three decades. James J. Hamula was released from a mid-level leadership council based on disciplinary action by the religion’s highest leaders, said Eric Hawkins, a spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Hawkins didn’t say why Hamula was ousted, but the Utah-based church said it was not for apostasy, which refers to teaching inaccurate doctrine or publicly defying guidance from church leaders. Efforts to reach Hamula at listed phone numbers were not successful.
As you go throughout this day, keep this word in mind: John 13:34 says, “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.”
Ronald Reagan said, “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
God loves you. He always has and He always will. John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” If you don’t know Jesus as your Saviour, today is a good day to get to know Him. Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose from the dead for you. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart and He will. Romans 10:13 says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Thanks so much for listening and may God bless your day!