by Jennifer LeClaire
If you are doing anything at all for God—and especially if you have a prophetic mandate on your life—Jezebel wants to cut off your voice. If Jezebel can’t cut off your voice, she’ll try to pervert your voice by seducing you to defile yourself.
We see Queen Jezebel in the Old Testament—a prophet-killing monarch and murderer who was ultimately eaten by dogs. We also see Jezebel, a woman who calls herself a prophetess, in Revelation 2:20. Jezebel is a spirit of seduction that works to woo you away from Jesus through idolatry and tempt you to defile yourself with sexual immorality. I talk more about this in my book, Jezebel’s Puppets.
Before we move on to the ways in which Jezebel manifests—which is not an exhaustive list—remember that people influenced by this spirit have fear issues and use control and manipulation to ease those fears and the fear of rejection. They figure they can’t be hurt or wounded if they control things. We need to separate the principality from the personality—loving the person and hating the spirit that holds them in bondage.
15 Ways Jezebel Operates
1. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit target the leader. They usually offer to help where help is desperately needed, either in administration, intercession or some other area that puts them close to the leader.
2. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit make false covenants they don’t intend to keep in order to gain position. “I will fight with you. I will stand with you. I don’t give up easy. No matter what happens, I will have your back.”
3. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit seem spiritual to outsiders. They come in talking about their prayer lives and 40-day fasts. They exuberantly share what they see in the spirit realm. They may pray eloquent prayers and prophesy encouraging words to members over in the corner where no one else can hear. They gather people to themselves.
4. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit seek to isolate the leader from others who can speak into their lives and especially prophetic people who could identify them.
5. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit pit people against each other in the ministry—and will ultimately pit people against you. People who threaten them are set up and chased out.
6. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit play the victim. They want your pity.
SOURCE: Charisma News
Jennifer LeClaire is senior editor of Charisma. She is also director of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, co-founder of awakeningtv.com, on the leadership team of the New Breed Revival Network and author of several books, including The Next Great Move of God: An Appeal to Heaven for Spiritual Awakening; Mornings With the Holy Spirit, Listening Daily to the Still, Small Voice of God; The Making of a Prophet and Satan’s Deadly Trio: Defeating the Deceptions of Jezebel, Religion and Witchcraft. You can visit her website here. You can also join Jennifer on Facebook or follow her on Twitter. Jennifer’s Periscope handle is @propheticbooks.