You’ve seen her pick up toys and dirty socks, make meals in a hurry, and drive around town like a personal chauffeur. She’s bandaged up boo-boos and dispensed sage advice along the way. Now with Mother’s Day in sight, you want to do something to honor your wife for all her hard work.
Flowers and dinner at her favorite restaurant are certainly welcome. But here are ten more ideas to treat your wife like a queen this Mother’s Day:
1. Offer a half day where you will do acts of service. Whether she asks you to plant flowers, clean your tool bench, go shopping with her or whatever, you’ll do it gladly! She’ll love having you complete some items on the “honey do” list.
2. Instead of avoiding a chick flick like the plague, go ahead and rent one you think your wife would enjoy. Send your wife an invitation to a movie night. Light candles, make popcorn, and snuggle up under a blanket while you watch.
3. If your wife works outside the home, send a love note to her office on Friday before Mother’s Day. Tell her how much you appreciate her hard work in caring for you and the children. Praise her for specific ways she mothers your children with patience, wisdom, a sense of humor, etc.
4. See all that laundry piled up in the basket? Surprise your spouse by doing the laundry and putting it away. Remember to separate the darks and maybe even set the washer’s setting to gentle to avoid ruining her favorite shirt.
5. Wash her car and vacuum the inside. Whether you have this done at a car wash or do it yourself, she’ll appreciate driving a clean vehicle.
6. Have an unhurried time of prayer for your wife. Ask her to share her needs with you. Hold hands as you pray for her. Look up Scriptures together to encourage you both. Make time during the week to continue to pray for your wife. Share anything the Lord may say to you during those prayer times.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Crosswalk – Arlene Pellicane