WATCH: Toxicology Report Shows Sandra Bland had Substantial Amount of Marijuana in her System at Time of Death


There are new questions about the mental state of Sandra Bland, the woman found dead in her Texas jail cell. While Bland’s family disputes the notion she was suicidal and suspects foul play was involved in her death, officials released Bland’s booking forms that showed she admitted she felt depressed and once attempted suicide.

In an apparent voicemail Bland left for a friend, obtained by Houston station KTRK, Bland also seemed frustrated to be behind bars, reports CBS News’ Omar Villafranca.

“They got me set at a $5,000 bond. I’m just still at a loss for words about this whole process, how this switching lanes with no signal turned into all of this, I don’t even know,” Bland apparently said.

Bland’s friend, Lavaughn Mosley, told the station it’s her voice, but CBS News has not been able to independently verify it.

“We know for a certainty that before she went into that jail, she was ecstatic,” Bland family attorney Cannon Lambert said. “She had left messages with her loved ones and that just does not jive with someone who would take her own life.”

Meanwhile, Waller County District Attorney Elton Mathis told CBS News that reports he ordered a new autopsy are not true. However, he’s asked that Bland’s body be preserved after a toxicology report revealed a substantial amount of marijuana in her system at the time of her death.

And in a statement late Wednesday, Waller County First Assistant District Attorney Warren Diepraam said, “The District Attorney’s Office has full faith in the findings of the Harris County Medical Examiner’s Autopsy and finding.”

He added, “This false information (about the request for the new autopsy) arises from new evidence revealed today that Ms. Bland had a substantial amount of marijuana in her system at the time of her death.

“A request was made by the DA to the civil lawyer to preserve the body due to this new toxicological evidence. … We are not seeking a delay in any funeral services, simply that [family members] preserve the body for any possible additional testing that may be needed as a result of this new toxicological evidence. We are not requesting and have never requested a second autopsy.”

The newly released booking documents shed light on what happened to Bland from her arrest July 10th to her mysterious death in jail three days later.

Click here to continue reading…