Boko Haram terrorists went on another killing rampage earlier this week, attacking six villages in northeastern Nigeria and killing 37 people.
Many of the victims were farmers who recently returned to their homes after Nigerian soldiers forced the Islamists out of the area where they had declared a caliphate.
Ahmed Ajimi, a fleeing survivor, said the jihadists burned down the villages near Boko Haram’s Sambisa Forest stronghold.
These same returnees are refugees again, Ajimi told The Associated Press by phone from a town about 200 miles west of the area attacked by Boko Haram.
He said many were suffering from gunshot wounds and burns, describing jihadists shooting from the back of pickup trucks and hurling firebombs to set huts on fire as “really horrifying.”
Ajimi said he slept in the bush and came back on Thursday to help bury the dead.
SOURCE: CBN News