What We Know So Far
- The death toll from the earthquake rose to 6,134 people Friday, CNN reported. Another 13,906 people have been injured.
- The earthquake measured 7.8 in magnitude and struck around noon local time on Saturday. A strong tremor measuring 6.7 struck Sunday.
- The epicenter was an area between the Nepalese capital, Kathmandu, and the city of Pokhara.
- The violent tremors triggered an avalanche on Mount Everest, killing at least 19 people on the mountain.
- The Nepalese government has appealed for international aid, and relief workers said they are in need of supplies, food, and water.
- The earthquake also destroyed historic buildings and other structures.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: Buzzfeed, Felipe Araujo and Michelle Broder Van Dyke