A suicide car bomber attacked a convoy of American troops in eastern Afghanistan, killing three Afghan civilians and wounding four on Friday, and in another eastern province, 10 people were killed when their minivan hit a roadside bomb, officials said.
Also on Friday, the international aid group Save the Children said that five members of its local staff who had been abducted several weeks ago were found dead in the southern province of Oruzgan. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the convoy attack, which took place near the American military base not far from the airport in Jalalabad, the capital of Nangarhar Province. No American soldiers were wounded in the bombing of the convoy, said Hazrat Hussain Mashraqiwal, the spokesman for the provincial police chief.
SOURCE: The Associated Press