When it comes to non-traditional holidays, November 12 is all about getting happy. Not only is it Happy Hour Day, it’s also Chicken Soup for the Soul Day!
This annual holiday, created by the Chicken Soup for the Soul Enterprises, celebrates you. It’s a “celebration of who you are, where you’ve been, where you’re going, and who you will be thankful to when you get there!”
The popular Chicken Soup book franchise was created by inspirational speakers, Mark Victor Hansen and Jack Canfield. After years of speeches, Hansen and Canfield asked the general public to submit inspirational and extraordinary tales and after 101 submissions, “Chicken Soup for the Soul” was released in 1993. To date, more than 112 million books have been sold.
And speaking of chicken soup, what could be more comforting than a steaming bowl of homemade chicken soup to fill your belly and your soul?
10 Homemade Chicken Soup Recipes
- Homemade Chicken Soup – You’ll need 3 ½ pounds of chicken, linguine veggies and herbs for this recipe created by Chef Karen Pickus, which was featured on Good Morning America.
- Homemade Chicken Soup – This easy to make 5-star recipe calls for 1 whole chicken, carrots, celery, onion, chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup – You’ll need chicken thighs, Asian fish sauce, dried red pepper flakes, ginger, garlic, low-sodium chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, cilantro, bok choy, spaghetti and lime juice for this Asian soup.
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – This recipe, from the amazing Pioneer Woman, looks fabulous!
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – This 5-star recipe, from Country Living, calls for 1 whole chicken, medium egg noodles, low-sodium chicken broth, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, leeks, parsley, thyme, 1 bay leaf, unsalted butter and seasoning.
- Old-Fashioned Chicken Soup – This recipe, from Good Housekeeping, calls for cooked chicken, chicken broth, veggies, egg noodles and fresh dill.
- Chicken Noodle Soup – This popular, 5-star recipe, from Tyler Florence, calls for chicken stock, dried wide egg noodles, cooked chicken, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, thyme, 1 bay leaf, parsley and seasoning.
- Quick Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe – You’ll save loads of time by using a cooked rotisserie chicken with this quick and easy recipe.
- Chicken Soup from Scratch – The Amateur Gourmet shows you how to whip up this homemade soup, step-by-step.
- Chicken Soup with Herbed Matzoh Balls – You’ll need chicken wings, veggies, chicken broth, matzoh meal, eggs, vegetable oil, plain seltzer water, fresh dill parsley and chives for this recipe.
Click here for more.